Rolex Rankings No. 1 Jiyai Shin and No.5 Na Yeon Choi are locked in a two-player battle for the LPGA money list title. Choi currently leads Shin by $34,790. Choi is searching for her first LPGA money title. In her first two years on Tour, Choi finished 11th and sixth respectively on the 2008 and 2009 LPGA Official money lists. Shin, who won the 2009 LPGA money title, is attempting to earn the honor in back-to-back years. Shin also captured the 2009 Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year award.
Both Choi and Shin have had similarly stellar 2010 seasons. Choi has won twice – the Jamie Farr Owens Corning Classic Presented by Kroger and the LPGA Hana Bank Championship Presented by SK telecom. She has also posted four runner-up finishes and a total of 14 top-10’s. She has carded no worse than a tie for 16th in her last 12 events.
Shin has also posted two victories – the Evian Masters and Mizuno Classic. She has recorded a remarkable 12 top-5 finishes this season and she has finished no lower than a tie for 14th in her last 12 tournaments.
- Top-ranked Jiyai Shin wins Mizuno Classic for second LPGA Tour Victory of the season
- South Korean’s Jiyai Shin takes two-shot lead over American Stacy Lewis
- Spain’s Azahara Munoz has clinched the Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year award
- Gustafson Looks to Defend Title at CVS/Pharmacy LPGA Challenge This Week
- Song-Hee Kim leads by three strokes over Inkster in LPGA Hana Bank Championship